I have unceremoniously started my umpteenth blog in hopes that it will give you a little bit of insight into what it's like when a 25-year-old white chick from suburban Ontario decides to go to Ghana for 8 months and help a radio station cover human rights stories. Hopefully it will fare better than my other blogs, which were arguably about things a little more in the "I like boys, I am angsty and Live Journal" realm and "blah blah blah, my apartment building is full of drug addicts" realm. So....welcome to the "Massively Scary Life Event" realm! Stay awhile!
Basically, my aims are to do a good job, learn as much as possible, not be a jerk, have fun, avoid dysentery, and hopefully write things here every once in awhile that will keep you somewhat entertained....and let you know that I'm not dead or anything.
If you want to give a listen to JOY, or get an idea of the daily news stories in Ghana, the link is here:
http://www.myjoyonline.com/
And if you want to learn more about Journalists for Human Rights, go here:
http://www.jhr.ca/
One more week. Till then.
Lang
.
1 comment:
Oooh, Accra is on the ocean! This I did not know.
Post a Comment