Wednesday, February 27, 2008

running on fumes

Ok this is a cop-out post that's mostly intended to direct your attention to two stories I've done recently with a couple of reporters on the JHR website....

The first is a story I did with Seth where we visited a cocoa farm just outside Kumasi and spoke to some farmers as part of a feature on Ghana's National Chocolate Day.

You can hear the report here: http://www.jhr.ca/fieldnotes/view.php?aid=1096
And you can check out a public album of photos I took during our trip here:
http://dal.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2104693&l=35d7d&id=94807058

The second story is about Accra Psychiatric Hospital. Bernard and I read that some patients who had been declared mentally fit were still wasting away in the hospital because their families weren't coming to pick them up. We went to check it out:
http://www.jhr.ca/fieldnotes/view.php?aid=1111

I have been running around like a crazy person recently, have lots to say, but my head is a giant knot full of snarls and mess. Hoping it will be untangled in the next couple of days and I can actually force out some coherent thoughts.

No comments: